BibleReader lets you explore the Bible on your iPhone and carry your Bible study library with you wherever you go.
BibleReader offers powerful features for Bible reading and study, advanced personal customization, 100+ titles for free download, and a huge catalog available for in-app purchase, including Bible translations, Greek and Hebrew resources, commentaries, dictionaries, foreign language titles, and Christian eBooks.
This application includes the New Living Translation Bible, as well as offering access to all Olive Tree free titles and letting you make in-app purchases from the Olive Tree catalog.
• Bookmark your favorite verses. Make personal notes. Create files to sort and store them. A great organizational tool for study, personal devotions, or sermon preparation!
• Split screen reading lets you view two books at once. You can compare Bible translations, view study notes, or read commentaries and reference books side-by-side with Scripture. Sync the windows so they scroll together for easy reference and comparisons.
• With 3-touch Verse Chooser, you can navigate quickly and easily to the exact Bible verse you want by touching book, chapter, and verse.
• Quick, powerful searching lets you find words, phrases, even search in Greek and Hebrew!
• Scripture and other works are stored on your phone, so you don't need a continuous Internet connection. You have full access to your library even when you’re in airplane mode or out of wi-fi range.
• Copy a verse into notes, email, chat—anywhere inside or outside of BibleReader.
A LIBRARY OF TITLES
BibleReader offers the ease of in-app purchases, and even lets you use iTunes gift cards to purchase Olive Tree books, Bibles, and Bible study tools. You’ll find these resources and more in the Olive Tree catalog:
• Popular Bible translations: NIV, NKJV, ESV, NLTse, NASB, The Message, Amplified, HCSB, NCV, Complete Jewish Bible, JPS Tanakh
• Best-selling study bibles: ESV Study Bible, NLT Study Bible, NIV Study Notes
• Bibles with deuterocanonical books: Catholic NAB, NRSV and RSV, Douay-Rheims
• Non-English Bibles: Reina-Valera, Traducción en lenguaje actual, Dios Habla Hoy (Spanish), Luther Bibel 1984, Schlachter, and Elberfelder (German), Louis Segond and La Bible du Semeur (French), and more.
• Original language Bibles: Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia (Hebrew Old Testament), Greek New Testament (NA27)
• Strong’s Dictionaries, and KJV and NASB with Strong’s Numbers
• Commentaries and Study Tools: Bible Knowledge Commentary; Ryrie Study Bible Notes, Jamieson, Fausset and Brown; Matthew Henry’s Concise and Complete Commentaries; MacArthur’s New Testament Commentary; Gray’s; Ironside; Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge (cross references)
• Excellent free resources: John Piper’s Collected Sermons (1200+ sermons, indexed for easy searching), Bible in Basic English, classics by St. Augustine, John Wesley, and Charles Spurgeon
CUSTOMIZE YOUR READING
Make your electronic reading and study experience just right with BibleReader’s many customizable options.
• Choose where to open notes, Strong’s numbers, or search results—in a split screen, the same screen, or a popup window. Customize your popup windows with colors, transparency, and animation styles.
• Top and bottom toolbars auto-hide for full screen reading.
• Up-down flick scrolling or left-right scrolling gestures—your choice.
• Read vertically or switch to landscape mode for wider pages. Choose auto-rotation lock to keep the screen in the orientation you’ve chosen, even if you move your device.
• Choose from 19 different fonts and pick the right size for easiest reading.
• Customize your colors for text, background, notes and hyperlinks, and the words of Jesus. Set separate colors for each reading window or popup window.