iPhoneAppsPlus->Healthcare & Fitness->Go! Running Buddy
Go! Running Buddy
Last changed: Nov 04, 2009
Category: Healthcare & Fitness
Size: 23.0 MB
Go! Running Buddy is the perfect partner for your workouts.
In order to follow your progress, two technologies can be used; GPS and ACCELEROMETER. In this way, Go! can be used in all the versions of iPhone and iPod Touch.
To obtain the instantaneous speed, produced by the accelerometer, complicated algorithms are used which converts the movements of your arm in the velocity that you carry.
We recommend the use of the accelerometer for several reasons:
- Greater battery life than with GPS
- The using of GPS requires good signal accuracy, and an initial time to determine the device's location. However, with the accelerometer you must only start the workout.
- The obtained speeds have high accuracy and they adapt to the different running styles of each individual.
In addition, the program has:
- Screen information about time, distance, speed, pace and calories
- Control of the iPod's library from the same program (with the option of selecting your "special song" which gives you extra power)
- Selection of time, distance and speed of your workout
- History of your workouts ( with the ability to use them as programs)
- Predefined programs and the creation of custom programs (the device will vibrate when you are under the programmed speed)
- Obtainable in 3 languages: English, Spanish and French
- Selection of the preferable distance unit of measurement: meters or miles
- Audio cues: notification of the time or distance in the three languages and distance measures supported
For using the accelerometer it is required the use of an armband (availability in market).
Web support in next updates.
|Worldwide rank of Go! Running Buddy in Healthcare & Fitness|
|Reported by http://www.iPhoneAppsPlus.com Jun 20 2013 08:44:17 View Image|
Create image of this report