Last changed: May 24, 2009
Size: 0.1 MB
iSpeedReader is a speed reading application for the iPhone and iPod Touch that allows you to read texts at a far greater pace than you would normally be able to achieve. It does this through the use of a technique known as Rapid Serial Visual Presentation (RSVP) in which single words are quickly flashed in a sequential order at a specified Words Per Minute (WPM) speed.
iSpeedReader is great for increasing reading comprehension of texts as you are forced to take in every word. It is great for people who find it difficult to keep their concentration whilst reading, or who find themselves reading the same line over and over again.
Listed below are some of the available features in this version:
* Beautifully intuitive interface
* High contrast visuals
* Rewind, Pause, Play and Forward
* Adjustable Words Per Minute (WPM) speed
* Write your own text
* Import any text from URL
iSpeedReader is the ONLY speed reading application on the app store that will allow you to import any UTF-8 formatted document (HTML, XML, TXT, etc) from the internet!
If you have any comments or suggestions for iSpeedReader, drop me a tweet at http://twitter.com/tomeglenn
Wonderful application. Makes reading easier
By: Hempygreen - May 25, 2009
I really enjoy using this application. The ability to import text documents from the web is great! I have a server with a few books in txt format and it worked perfect! Read four chapters in a few minutes. Good interface, user friendly, simple, and great import feature!
Better than ...
By: Huichipotle - Nov 1, 2009
Yes still a few steps away from the goal but better than some out there I'll give it five stars when you can read 2000 w.p.m. or more and can save your files like a library or sething and thank u it's great, I know it's going to be better.
Got me thinking about it... but looking for better app.
By: JazzCritic - Jun 29, 2009
Basic controls missing. Can't save text. Can't rewind. SoMetimes shows two words and man does that mess you up.
This is half baked. But could be quite cool.
TOTAL crap!!!! Waste of a dollar.
By: eTip - Nov 14, 2009
- Cant paste a URL to import text!! (so you have to try to memorize long URL's). - Top speed is 300wpm! I already read at that speed and I am no speed reader. Moronic. - No landscape. - Does NOT store even ONE document! Whether pasted or imported. Close the app, your text is GONE. Yes, I am serious. You would have to re-import or retype all of your text. I am not exaggerating when I say that this is by far the worst App I have ever paid for. I wang my $ back!! Even if it were free it wouldn't be worth a single star. Your time and money would be betrer spent on a fart app.
Top speed is 300 WPM
By: deepmassagenyc - Jun 24, 2009
Which is almost slow enough to read along out loud. Happy to re-rate if you update with faster version, though!
By: Ben1975 - 30-Jun-2009
Program works well, allows you to cut and paste text in, meaning you can basically import your emails.
Problem - top speed is only 300 wpm, way too slow! Needs to be able to go as high as the other programs, ie 1000 wpm. 300 is where I start from with a program like this.
- Landscape view
- some type of indicator to show how far through a pasted set of text.