Last changed: Sep 04, 2009
Size: 20.7 MB
★★★PRESENTED BY MOLINKER INC-MOLINKER, LINK LIFE THOUGH MOBILE ★★★
Want to know London before your come there? Do not have time to make desk research before you go? Only want to get brief but in-depth knowledge as you do not have much time to read?
Travel to London is the right app for you, it is a tour book help you to grab destination knowledge quickly, and in a fun way. Read before you go, on the way to, when you are there, five minutes available or just in a one minute break.
• General information about the destination: Etimology, History, Geography, Climate,Architecture, Monuments and landmarks, Culture, Economy, Demographics, Administration, Transportation;
• Travel tips on: How to get in there, how to Get around and local traffic, major language and habit, what to see there, major attractions, what you can do, event in the year and time frame, local special to buy and where, local food, price level and where to try, tips for learning or working there, where to drink and how to get there, how to choose hotel, how to stay safe, rules to follow for being polite, who to come to when in emergency, way to get out.
• Photos slide of London provide a virtual view to you to feel and smell, besides text, what you are heading to.
• Full size, offline, zoomable street view map gives you a geographical understanding of London. The offline GPS function helps you to know where you are, any time when you are there.
• Shake to know：Shake your iPhone/iTouch will present topics randomly, it is designed to make your reading as a fun, and help you to know in topic by topic way when you do not have time to read a long section.
• Well organized： We manage the content in a way for easy navigation, so at any time, where you are, and it is easy for your to pick and click on topics you are interested in.
• More important, the content here are contributed by experts, travelers, and locals, who know there and willing to share their knowledge and experiences with travelers worldwide.
Travelto is a great companion of GPS/mobile travel guide, which focus on guiding you to POI (point of interest) and local navigation.
We dedicated to cover more and more destinations, please check before you go or let us know your next if it is not there yet.
By: Sao - 4-Jun-2009
One of the most useful apps by far
Overview not indepth
By: Ohhhdear - Jun 3, 2009
Does just as advertised; gives an overview of London and how to cope while there. If you want indepth, buy and haul around the most excellent DK Guidebook.
By: Yelworc - 30-Jul-2009
I did not mind this until the recent (28th july) update and all the maps disappeared. Why? And whilst I can keep the original release on my Pod, I keep being prodded to pull in the update. Annoying. Please sort the maps, people.Thanks...
By: Tony Davenport - 12-Jun-2009
This is a fairly lazy attempt at an offline travel app, and sadly I have no reason to think that the other city guides produced by this company have anything else to recommend them.
It contains a large amount of information, gleaned from resources such as Wikipedia, but where it really falls down is in its lack of implementation of GPS. It relies upon you to know where you are in a city. Its restaurant recommendations are fairly minimal, and its implementation of OpenMaps is fairly awful. It provides maps of each district (and hinges on your knowledge of which district you are in) which are just static tiles from OpenMaps. I realise that the reason would probably be given that this is for OFFLINE use, however this does not forgive its lack of usability.
If you rely solely on this app then be prepared to ask local residents for directions and advice. Regularly.
By: Tr4veler - 27-Jun-2009
City and underground maps are very basic, low resolution. Can't read street or station names. Please upgrade maps.
By: Krouze - Jun 2, 2009
Terrible map quality, content is basic
By: Babera - 15-Jun-2009
The maps are not useful at all